Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Goals are Scary

Two and a half weeks. That's it. In two and a half weeks I'll be celebrating my birthday by going for big break 2 hour goal at the RussVegas Half Marathon. I'm super excited! I'm also terrified. I want it so badly. I've been training so hard. Hard enough that I was even willing to do my runs, speed included, on the track of a cruise ship. 21 total miles- 147 laps. (PR's don't wait for vacation ;) ) I know I'm not the only one to be training while on vacation. I know I'm not the only one to badly want a goal. I also know that anything can happen.

My heart races when I think about the race. I visualize myself crossing the finish line before the clocks turns to 2 hours. I imagine staying with the pacers who will get me there. I only have to take off a minute and 36 seconds from my best half marathon time. But of course there's doubt.

I know I can do this. I CAN do this!

But I. Am. Terrified.

Break 2, here I come!!

1 comment:

AndreaO said...

It's so easy to want to just let go of a goal instead of face the risk of maintaining it in the Facebook doubt. That might be faith? I have faith in you. You have worked really really hard.